"Forceful and funny ... full of tensions and troubling questions, not least about the professor's uses of power." - Encore Magazine
"Lucid, funny and challenging proof that the drama of the mind (by Sheiness) can be as riveting as the drama of action." - Michael Feingold, Village Voice
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: A college classroom. The time is the present.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
JOHN WILSON - 25-28, intellegent, insecure, laid back, unless pushed.
SHIRLEY PRESTON - 18-21, high energy, easily confused, demands structure
ELIZABETH OLIVER - 18-21, analyzes all situations, confident, cautious
PHILIP RICHARDS - 18-21, outgoing, outspoken, emotionally and intellectually open.
JOSEPH GRAZZIO - 18-22, down to earth, edgy, tries to understand.
PROFESSOR GEORGE - 40-65, creative thinker, demanding and caring. Wants her/his students to be able to experience their potential.
- Non-Traditional casting
- Cross gender casting
- Flexible casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Can be cast with 4 males and 2 females.
The role of PROFESSOR GEORGE may be played by a female or male.