The Rockabilly Nowhere Man
by Ruth Angell Purkey
Short Play, Drama / 4m, 2f
Yancy Moran, a hot new rock-n-roll superstar, arrogantly pretends that he can cope with sudden success until confronted with a surprise visit from Emmy-Lou, his hometown girlfriend.
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: 1950s
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: A city auditorium called The Arena. Before the curtain and backstage in Yancy's dressing room.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
YANCY MORAN - A Rock 'n' Roll star.
DON FISHER - A reporter.
CHUCK BAILEY - Yancy's manager.
BOBBY DAY - A bobby-sox Moran fan.
EMMY-LOU ALLEN - Yancy's girl friend.
SEVERAL GIRLS - Teenagers who can scream.
A POLICEMAN - Any age.
A YOUNG COUPLE - No lines, Rock 'n; Roll dancers.
- Expandable casting
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras