In Juliet's Garden
Full Length Play, Comedy / 7f
Juliet Capulet invites four other heroines of Shakespeare's classics (Katharina, Portia, Ophelia and Desdemona) to lunch in her favorite garden in Verona to discuss issues' they all have with their plots. All the ladies have suggestions how these issues might be remedied. Shakespeare has also been invited, but instead sends an envoy, his literary agent and Editor Jacqueline de Boys, who attempts to save the day with the help of Juliet’s Nurse.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Not Applicable
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Setting: Italian garden with center or side opening up steps to suggest a house. A balcony with railing also works. White wicker or iron patio furniture, plants in groups left and right. Preset tray and six glasses. An arbor works for side entrances.
- Additional Features: Local Celebrity Cameo, No intermission, Physical Comedy, Play w/ Music
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
NURSE - Juliet’s Nurse. She is also the Widow from Taming of the Shrew, and Mistress Quickly from Henry IV Part 1. Sweet and kindly.
PORTIA – (Merchant of
KATHARINA – (Taming of the Shrew) rough and ready
JULIET – (Romeo and Juliet) sweet but spoiled
OPHELIA – (Hamlet) a basket case
DESDEMONA – (Othello) always a little confused
JACQUELINE DeBOYS - name borrowed from Jacque de Boys from As You Like It. Shakespeare’s editor and literary agent. Has met all the ladies before and has some definite opinions about each one.
SHAKESPEARE - Optional ending, traditionally dressed
- All Female
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Expandable casting
- Features Teens
- Local Celebrity Cameo
- Parts for Senior Actors
Plus 1 man optional
Music Material Rental Packages
All necessary music materials can be found at the back of the acting edition.