The Little Dog Laughed
by Ken Tarpley, Vera Tarpley
Full Length Play, Comedy / 5m, 10f
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing - especially in the hands of a budding psychoanalyst! Laurie Huntington is nineteen, bright, and impersonally scientific. Her family has its faults, but Laurie can analyze them - to death! She's turned the house into an experimental maze...
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Setting: The front entrance and living-dining room of the Huntington home in one of America's smaller cities. It is early June of the present year.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
SIDNEY HUNTINGTON - her father, normally jocular.
MARTHA HUNTINGTON - her mother, charming but anxious.
WALLY HUNTINGTON - her brother, content with the world.
MISS ("GUS") GUSTAVESKY - Martha's part-time helper.
JOAN WOOD - Wally's one-and-only, 16.
TED WOOD - her father and Sid's competitor in used cars.
LILLIAN WOOD - Joan's culture-conscious mother.
MARK BRADFORD - Joan's cousin and a medical student.
HORATIO P. HONEYWELL - bird bancier and taxidermist.
GUESTS AT MARTHA'S TEA (in Act II only):
AMELIA DENNIS - a catty kibitzer.
CAROLINE BLAKESLY - a foolish matron.
GRACE SHOENBECK - wife of the department store owner.
WALOLA BRECKENRIDGE - wife of the bank president.
THERESE BROWN - Walola's maiden sister.
- Features Teens
- Room for Extras
Extras are optional