You Better Watch Out
by Don Hodgins
Full Length Play, Comedy / 5m, 2f
It's Christmas Eve at the Willow Inn. The hosts Jenny and Tom are having Art, (Jenny's father who's still mourning the passing of his wife) see their bed and breakfast for the first time. There's a snowstorm raging outside and three travelers are forced to lodge at the inn and wait it out.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Present Day
- Duration: 75 Minutes
- Setting: The living room of the Willow Inn. A bed and breakfast inn somewhere in Wisconsin.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
TOM RYAN - A nice average guy, a dreamer, thinks himself to be quite the comedian, his humor is never biting or satirical.
ANDY - Mentally challenged, views the world in simple terms but is capable of surprising intuition because of his unique point of view.
ART CRAMER - Jenny's father, a widower.
RUDY POZNARSKI - Big, brass, bold, but never obnoxious, has no etiquette or social grace.
MARSHA POZNARSKI - The very, very pregnant wife of Rudy.
MR. SMITH - A sophisticated, well dressed, middle-age gentleman, goodness personified, no facial hair.
- Cross gender casting
ANDY can be played by a woman by changing the name to Annabelle and adjusting the pronouns.