The Inner Willy
by Bettye Knapp
Full Length Play, Comedy / 4m, 7f
Willoughby is a stuffy, too-dutiful young man who abides by everything his three maiden aunts tell him. Willy is his impish inner self - his true self, if Willoughby would only realize it and unbend. Despite initial resistance on Willoughby's part, Willy is soon helping him to assert himself...
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The living room of the Adams home.
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
WILLOUGHBY ADAMS - 16, a well-behaved, likeable boy.
AUNT HESTER, 63, AUNT LOUISE, 61, AND AUNT OLGA, 59 - Willoughby's maiden aunts, who have given him a "beautiful and sheltered life."
INNER WILLY - Willoughby's "inner self," visible only to Willoughby.
STANLEY CLARK - 16, bashful, but a "regular guy."
MARYBELLE TURNER - 16, the girl next door, plain and completely unexciting.
TRUDY AND JANET MARSHALL - lively, 16 year old twins who do not necessarily look alike.
CAROL MARTIN - 16, the girl whom Willoughby secretly admires.
- Ensemble cast
- Features Teens