As our umpire says, this play's about baseball. Real baseball. The game of baseball, not the business. All you need for real baseball is a bat, a ball, a backyard, maybe a vacant lot. And the feeling that today's the day! For a home run, for stealing second, then sliding right under the catcher's glove to score the winning run. The feeling that anything's possible...that baseball feeling.
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A set of bleachers is on stage, and a long bench, which will serve as our dugout. The back flat is a large scoreboard, with several of the squares able to open like windows. Set pieces will be used to establish place and/or time.
- Additional Features: Local Celebrity Cameo
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
Casting12boy(s) or girl(s)
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Expandable casting
- Roles for Teens
- Flexible casting
- Local Celebrity Cameo
- Room for Extras
- Parts for Senior Actors
THE BASEBALL SHOW is an ensemble piece. A large cast can be used or with doubling a smaller one. Longer scenes have been mixed and matched with shorter ones. If desired, scenes may be cut, and/or other scenes from the ADDENDUM can be substituted or added.However, the evening should start with REAL BASEBALL, and include BEATING TIME and the WOLVES scenes, since they articulate the theme. We encourage singing the STAR SPANGLED BANNER at the beginning, TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME at the 7th inning stretch, intermission, and choosing someone, maybe a local celebrity or teacher, to throw out the first pitch.