Southern Exposures: Five Plays About Life in the South
Collection / Anthology, Dramatic Comedy / 3m, 3f, 1boy(s), 1girl(s)
Jason Milligan's anthology of plays set in the South includes the following plays: Can't Buy Me Love, Lullaby, Instincts, Spit in Yazoo City, and Willy Wallace Chats...With the Kids.
KeywordsAdolescence, Aging, Betrayal, Black issues, Childhood, Current Events, Death, Friendship, Parenting/Family, War
- Mild Adult Themes
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: All of the plays take place in a single location, which can be suggested with minimal set pieces and lighting.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
Casting3m, 3f, 1boy(s), 1girl(s)
- Roles for Children
If you were to produce all of the plays as an evening of theatre, as many as 17 performers would be required (though roles can be doubled). However, doubling (and in some cases, tripling) roles allows you to produce the entire evening of plays with 3 men, 3 women, 1 boy and 1 girl.