When Isaac Adams, a second generation American Jew, learns of plans for a neo-Nazi group to stage a demonstration in Skokie, Illinois, he wonders, what, if anything, his involvement should be. Determined to find the truth, Isaac ultimately comes to terms with his heritage, his mother, and himself.
Reviews"Hilarious, shrewd and touching." - Chicago Sun Times
"A belated bar mitzvah with some funny shtick and a wide open heart." - Chicago Tribune
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1980s
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: Various location in Chicago and Skokie, Illinois.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Expandable casting
- Parts for Senior Actors
Actors play various roles
The God of Isaac premiered at the Victory Gardens Theater on May 28, 1985 under the direction of Dennis Zacek.