Romeo and Juliet (McClure)
by William Shakespeare, Doug McClure
Full Length Play, Drama / 14m, 4f
Many directors wish they could produce a Shakespearean tragedy without frustrating audiences and young actors with complex language. Here is love's greatest story and history's greatest play made accessible for modern performers.
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Greek; Roman & Biblical
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The City of Verona, Mantua.
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
LADY CAPULET - Wife to Capulet.
JULIET - Daughter of Capulet.
NURSE - To Juliet.
PETER - A servant to Juliet's house.
TYBALT - Cousin of Juliet.
SAMSON - A servant to Capulet.
GREGORY - A servant of Capulet.
OLD MAN - Of the Capulet family.
LADY MONTAGUE - Wife to Montague.
ROMEO - Son of Montague.
BENVOLIO - Cousin and friend of Romeo.
MERCUTIO - Friend of Romeo, and kinsman of the Prince.
BALTHASAR - Servant to Romeo.
ABRAM - Servant to Montague.
ESCALUS - Prince of Verona.
PARIS - A young count, kinsman to the Prince, suitor of Juliet.
FRIAR LAWRENCE - A Franciscan friar.
FRIAR JOHN - A Franciscan friar.
THREE MUSICIANS, OFFICIER, APOTHECARY, CITIZENS, TORCHBEARERES, MASKERS, GUARDS, SERVANTS, ATTENDANTS
- Reduced casting (Doubling Possible)
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras