A Texas Romance
Full Length Play, Comedy / 1m, 2f
Daisy Wilson lives in a small Texas town, a widow since her philandering husband was shot by his mistress an action with which she has some sympathy. In 1928 romance reenters her life when she finds Garland Steinholden in the front yard awaiting permission to call on her despite her older sister's c…
Reviews“This comedy-drama may have its sweet side, but it’s also an unpredictable and pushy little play—and one of the best to be staged here in many a moon.” -- Diana Claitor, Austin American Statesman
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $90 per performance
- Time Period: 1920s
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: A small town in Wilson County, Texas. Spring 1928. The front porch of a frame house where DAISY WILSON is temporarily living with DORIS and JAMES PERDUE.
Scene One: About nine o’clock on a Friday morning.
Scene Two: About eleven o’clock the next evening.
Scene One: Two days later. After supper. Sunset.
Scene Two: The next morning.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Room for Extras
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)