And Then There Were None
Full Length Play, Drama / 8m, 3f
Ten strangers are summoned to a remote island. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. As the weather turns and the group is cut off from the mainland, the bloodbath begins and one by one they are brutally murdered in accordance with the lines of a sinister nursery rhyme.
In writing the stage version of her most successful and darkest novels during the Second World War, Agatha Christie responded to the mood of the times by introducing a more positive ending. The play was a smash hit in the West End and on Broadway. The alternate version of the play's ending, drawn from the novel and using entirely Agatha Christie's own words, is now available via digital download. See the product options here.
“A perfect combination of thriller and detective story, this much-copied plot is Christie's greatest technical achievement.” - John Curran, The Guardian
“It is high-concept and its premise is instantly gripping as well as having a profoundly archetypal feel to it. I had a strong sense of being pulled into an eerie dream – and, like the characters on the island, I could not escape.” - Sophie Hannah, The Guardian
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $125 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, 1940s / WWII
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: Set in the living room of the house on Soldier Island, off the coast of Devon. 1940s. August.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
SIR LAWRENCE WARGRAVE
- Ensemble cast
- Multicultural casting