It’s Election Day, and Adam knows his over-zealous girlfriend will never forgive him if he fails to vote. But when his sex starved sister, an eco-terrorist, and a mayoral candidate willing to do anything for a vote all show up, Adam finds that making that quick trip to the polls might be harder than he thought. Election Day is a hilarious dark comedy about the price of political (and personal) campaigns.
- FINALIST! 2007-2008 Alliance/Kendeda Graduate Playwriting Award
"An outrageous comedy...at double-espresso speed." - The New York Times
"Ridiculously entertaining...cute and cutting." - Variety
"Laugh-out-loud." - Back Stage
"Delightfully farcical...Tobiessen takes a simple premise and spins it out into a hilarious sequence of events. His dialogue is lean and playful, and includes some terrific lines." - TheaterMania.com
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: An apartment, a park, and a coffee shop in a smaller city.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy, Stage Combat
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
BRENDA - Public-defense lawyer; Adam’s girlfriend.
CLARK - Mayoral candidate.
CLEO - Adam’s adopted sister; cat lover.
EDMUND - Waiter at The Pine Nut Café; T.R.E.E leader.
- Non-Traditional casting
Election Day had it's world premiere at Second Stage Theatre's Uptown Series in New York City in July 2007.