Originally commissioned by Playwrights Theatre of New Jersey, this courtroom farce premiered in an actual county courthouse. A gullible young woman has been bamboozled by a shifty attorney into pressing a suit for restitution against the National Weather Service. The claim? She has been disabled by an unpredicted weather phenomenon: a bathroom tornado. In a pretrial meeting, wacky witnesses chip away at the injured party's promised windfall.
Published in Here, There, and Everywhere.
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: A deserted Jury Room. The present, just moments before a highly-publicized trial begins.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
PRUDENCE - 20s; Barney's client; a stunning young woman.
SUN DOWNE - the weather reporter for Channel 31; a local celebrity.
GLUM CRANSTON - Prudence’s ex-husband.
ARCHIBALD STOKES - a homeless man and exact lookalike of Glum, played by the same actor.
THE BOY - 10-12; a child.
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)