Vernon, a drifter in his late twenties, visits his brother Ron after a long absence. Their older brother Alan is in a coma and Ron, who is about to get married, wants to take Alan off life support equipment after a prolonged period of little or no improvement. Is this for Ron's convenience or is it really time to let Alan go? Vernon questions the ethics of Ron's decision and fiancee Lisa joins the fray to protect Ron's interests in an emotionally charged confrontation that results in tentative steps toward unity and a sense of family.
Published in Cross Country: Seven More One Act Plays.
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary, Present Day
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Ron and Lisa's apartment in Pensacola, Florida. Midnight. The present.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
LISA - Ron's fiancee.
VERNON - Ron's older brother.
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)