In this wild farce, a Wall Street wizard wakes up with a strange woman in a strange bed in a very strange house. The inhabitants have not been out since 1969 when Dad, a former NASA employee, shut his door in reaction to the Vietnam War and other disturbing events. He is raising his kids in the safety of his living room. They live on Tang and Space Food Sticks and consider Walden their bible. Greg is very ready to leave when he is to be Terri Anne's groom - like it or not.
Published in Cross Country: Seven More One Act Plays.
Reviews"The most successful play of the evening...a delightfully oddball comedy...witty situations and tongue-in-cheek dialogue." - Backstage
- Mild Adult Themes
- Nudity/Partial Nudity
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
- Time Period: 1980s
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Setting: Terri-Anne's bedroom, Saturday morning around 9:00 a.m. The late 1980's.
- Additional Features: Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
TERRI-ANNE - 20; a pretty young girl.
DAD - 40s-50s; The Idealist; once worked for NASA.
MOM - The Realist.
LENNY - Terri-Anne's older brother; The "Bad Seed."
THE EXTERMINATOR - the City at its worst.
- Ensemble cast
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)