Judith of Bethulia
Full Length Play, Comedy / 6m, 4f
Judith of Bethulia is an outrageous celebration of Hollywood biblical epics such as The Ten Commandments and Samson and Delilah. From the creator of Psycho Beach Party and The Divine Sister.
“[A playwright of] extensive good humor, skill and wicked comic daring.” - The Village Voice
“Mr. Busch is a first-class satirist and farceur.” - The New Yorker
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Greek; Roman & Biblical
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The ancient city of Bethulia
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy
- Features / Contains: Elaborate / High Volume Costumes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Drag performance
- Flexible casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
The role of Judith was originally played by the author, Charles Busch. It is not necessary for this role to be played by a man in drag. The role must be played by a skilled comic performer.
Judith of Bethulia was first produced by Theater for the New City in their Cino Theater, in New York City on March 30, 2012. It was directed by Carl Andress.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE CHARLES BUSCH'S AUDIO BOOKS