A new play from critically-acclaimed young playwrights Clara Mamet and Jack Quaid. In The Solvit Kids, Bradley Phillips and Annie Wyatt are the stars of the world-renowned “Solvit Kids” movies - a series based off the popular children’s books, the author of which dies just as he is finishing the last installment. Annie and Brad are then left with the rights to release it. However when something goes horribly wrong it is up to the former “Solvit Kids” to come up with a solution.
Reviews“A sagely original voice at work here… Mamet displays an ability to embed subtext and wring maximum effect from repetition.” - Backstage
KeywordsAdolescence, Aging, Betrayal, Business, Childhood, Current Events, Death, Fairy Tales, Friendship, Love
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $45 per performance
$75 with companion piece
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: Play takes place in an average-looking apartment.
- Additional Features: No intermission
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: No Chorus
- Flexible casting
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)
- Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
Two young people; should look like they're in their early twenties.
The Solvit Kids premiered at The Ruskin Theater in 2011, orginally directed by Paul Sand and starring Clara Mamet and Sol Mason.