Of Mice and Men
by John Steinbeck
Full Length Play, Drama / 9m, 1f
The tragic story of the friendship between two migrant workers, George and mentally challenged Lenny, and their dream of owning a farm.
Reviews"'Of Mice and Men', shortly after its publication in 1937, is a American tragedy on par with the work of O'Neill before him and Miller after, symbolic of the times, universal in its lament." - Theatre Mirror
"There is power in this play" - Vancouvre Courier
" ...the strength with which [Steinbeck] writes his characters, and the texture with which the characters use language remains intact." - Talkin' Broadway
- Mild Adult Themes
- Licensing available for professional groups only. Some restrictions apply.
- Time Period: 1930s
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: An Agricultural Valley in Central California.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle)