Ken Ludwig's 'Twas The Night Before Christmas
by Ken Ludwig
Full Length Play, Comedy / 3m, 2f
“A grand Christmas adventure, filled with schemes, confrontations, mistaken identities, bravery, and all things naughty and nice!.” - Maryland TheatreGuide
The wild holiday adventures of a mouse, an elf, and a spunky little girl who just won't take no for an answer, on their quest to find out why Santa missed their house last year. A joyful tribute to the holiday season!
“A momentum and ebullience worthy of the Pixar era animate this world-premiere play, whose story line involves a heist, a duel with rapiers, some hip-hop, a squirt gun, a perilous airplane flight and an elf’s stint as a secret agent.” - The Washington Post
“Such a playful spirit romps through 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, you might think the show itself was a product of Santa’s workshop.” - The Washington Post
“A grand Christmas adventure, filled with schemes, confrontations, mistaken identities, bravery, and all things naughty and nice!...This journey is an exciting one that I guarantee your children will love! Put some tickets in your kids’ Christmas stockings. It will make a great holiday gift.” - Maryland TheatreGuide
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $100 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Setting: In the text of the play, the action begins in a house in Vermont; however each production can be set locally.
- Additional Features: No intermission, Physical Comedy, Stage Combat
- Features / Contains: Fantasy Costumes, Period Costumes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
AMOS / AMOS OF KANSAS
CALLIOPE / BRITANNIA SNEED
MULCH / SANTA CLAUS / WENDELL SNEED
- Cross gender casting
Amos and Amos of Kansas are boy mice and were played by an actor in the original production. They could, however, be played by an actress, as a trouser role – still boy mice, but played by a woman. So the cast is either 3 female and 2 male, or 2 female and 3 male.