Skilfully adapted from the famous original story by Hans Christian Andersen, this is the story of Gerda, a little girl who searches for her friend Kai when he is bewitched and imprisoned by the Snow Queen in her ice palace. Gerda's innocence charms all good people and animals she meets on the way. They help her to the royal court, and on to Lapland, where good conquers evil and the children are reunited.
Reviews"A lovely script." - Redditch Standard"A fairy-tale treat!" - Arts Archive"A delight for family audience!" - Scene One"Magical!" - Stourbridge News"Spellbinding!" - Lowestoft Journal
- No Special Cautions
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Not Applicable
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Setting: The story takes on an open stage with minimal changes to suggest Grandmother's home in Denmark, the Enchantress's garden, a palace exterior, a forest, Lapland, Finland, and the Snow Queen's ice palace.
- Additional Features: Audience Participation/Interactive
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Vocal Demands: N/A (Not a musical)
- Chorus Size: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Expandable casting
- Flexible casting
- Room for Extras