The story of Elvis Presley told through the eyes of 17 Women! Some Enthralled! Some Appalled! ALL OBSESSED! A fast paced series of 5 comedic plays and 3 monologues based on the Life of Elvis Presley. From Tupelo Mississippi where 11 year old Elvis wanted a BB Gun instead of a guitar, to The Steve Allen Show, from President Richard Nixon's office, to Andy Warhol's studio, from Cadillac Salesmen, to Graceland guards, this is a touching, bring-the-family comedy with a heart that captures the effects that fame, generosity & just being a nice guy can bring to others!
Great for scene-work and competitions as well as full productions, the stories told in this sweeping work include:
- A salesperson's experience when Elvis and his Mother come in to buy Elvis' 11th birthday gift, his 1st guitar.
- The final check, demands, and argument at the Steve Allen show by a NBC censor, Steve Allen's secretary, and Elvis' messenger about hound dogs and pelvic movement.
- A women who runs into Elvis in a supermarket at 3 am and how it changes her life.
- 3 secretaries at the White House gushing out of their minds over a new visitor at the gate who comes to visit Pres Richard Nixon.
- Andy Warhol's assistants planning the angle of the invite to Andy's new Pop Art Elvis exhibition.
- 2 Saleswomen dueling over who will or will not sell Elvis the next Cadillac.
- A security guard inside Graceland divulging on the kindness and charity of Elvis Presley.
- A young woman, who has quit the Graceland souvenir shop, and her obsessed boyfriend contemplating souvenirs, Elvis, and life.
Transitions between scenes are anchored by recorded radio addresses that reinforce the appropriate historical flavor accompanying the life, times, and legacy of Elvis Presley beyond just his music.
Ready to perform?
All the King's Women is available to license!Learn More
KeywordsCurrent Events, Friendship, Love, Memory, Politics, Media, Theatre/Entertainment Industry, Elvis Presley
- Genre: Biography, Docudrama/Historic
- Time Period: 1960s, 1950s, 1940s / WWII, Contemporary, Present Day, 1970s
- Cast Attributes: All Female, Ensemble cast, Non-Traditional casting, Cross gender casting, Reduced casting (Doubling Possible), Features Teens, Flexible casting, Local Celebrity Cameo, Multicultural casting, Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle), Parts for Senior Actors
- Target Audience: Appropriate for all audiences, Adult, Teen (Age 14 - 18)