Full Length Play, Comedy / 4f
The MOM crew is at it again! MOMologues2: Off to School offers a frank and funny look at the true tales of motherhood, from homework hell to multitasking mania.
"A sassy, irreverent and loving look at the mother of all jobs... The MOMologues has really hit a nerve with audiences." - Sara Edwards, The Comcast Network, NiteBeat
Reviews"The hit show showcases the real life status that tells it like it really is... A sassy, irreverant and loving look at the mother of all jobs...The MOMologues has really hit a nerve with audiences.”" - The Comcast Network, NiteBeat
“The round robin of stories and anecdotes... runs the gamut of emotion and experience that makes up motherhood.” – The Boston Globe
“Hats off to local writers Lisa Rafferty, Stefanie Cloutier, and Sheila Eppolito for hatching this show about the jolts and joys of motherhood.” – Boston Tab
- Strong Language
- Mild Adult Themes
- Minimum Fee: $75 per performance
- Time Period: Contemporary
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Setting: The set can be done very simple if it's a staged reading benefit performance with 4 chairs, 4 music stands and a handful of props. Or it can be done more conventionally with a simple set.
- Additional Features: Not Applicable
- Features / Contains: Contemporary Costumes / Street Clothes
- Musical Style: N/A (Not a musical)
- Ensemble cast
- Non-Traditional casting
The cast is comprised of 4 moms, reading ages 24 - 45, of any type or ethnicity.
MOMologues2: Off to School premiered at the Regent Theatre in Arlington, Massachusetts on Thursday, May 12, 2005. It was directed by Lisa Rafferty.
*MOMologues 2: Off to School, was included as part of Stage Works Theatre's 30th Anniversary season. The Tampa company was honored with the International Center for Women Playwrights (ICWP) 50/50 Applause Award which sets out to recognize theaters which produce 50% or more women playwrights in their season of shows.